(10 January 1843 - 26 March 1908)
|Father||John Richardson1 (Apr 1813 - Mar 1894)|
|Mother||Ann Blair1 (cir. 1808 - bet. 1891 - 1894)|
|Relationship||2nd cousin 3 times removed of Lorna Henderson|
BMDB dataAdam Richardson was born on 10 Jan 1843 Morebattle, ROX, SCT, (exact day/mth from Edin. OPR birth on IGI.)2,1 Some sources show Adam as born on 10 Jan 1843 Edinburgh, MLN, SCT.1
Adam Richardson married Jane Parry Ingram on 15 Jul 1867 St Mary's Episcopal Chapel, Dumfries, DFS, SCT, cert. shows Adam as 24 unm, pianoforte tuner resid. 69 High St, Dumfries, s/o John RICHARDSON, clothier, & Ann m.s. BLAIR; Jane Parry as 21, resid. Nithbank, DFS, d/o Andrew INGRAM, hotel keeper & Jessie m.s. FARRIES, both dec'd. Wit.: R? McBeth ROBERTSON, Jessie JOHNSTON; Reg. 17th.3
Adam Richardson married Mary Thomson, daughter of Andrew Thomson and Isabella Craig, bet. Sep 1871 - Dec 1871 reg. Carlisle, CUL, ENG.4,5,6
Adam Richardson died on 26 Mar 1908 43 Bridge St Row, Chester, CHS, ENG, at age 65.5,7,8
Census/Where lived/OccupationsAdam Richardson appeared on the census of 1851 George Heriots Hosp., Edinburgh, Par. of Edinburgh Greyfriars, MLN, SCT, enumerated as Adam RICHARDSON, 8 at school, b Morebattle, ROX.2 He appeared on the census of 1861 4 Hill Pl, Edinburgh St Cuthberts, Dist of Newington, MLN, SCT, in the household of John Richardson and Ann Richardson as son of John.11 Adam Richardson was pianoforte tuner in Jul 1867 High St (69), Dumfries, DFS, SCT.3 He appeared on the census of 1871 High St (13), Dumfries, DFS, SCT, as a visitor to Anne Thompson.12
Adam Richardson appeared on the census of 1881 Cheyney Rd (8), Chester, Par. of St Oswald, CHS, ENG, with Mary Richardson, enumerated as RICHARDSON: Adam 38 piano forte tuner, wife Mary 33 both b SCT.4 Adam Richardson was not found in the census of bet. 1881 - 1901 SCT.
Adam Richardson appeared on the census of 1891 43 Bridge St Row, Chester, CHS, ENG, with Mary Richardson, enumerated as RICHARDSON: Adam 48 musician & musical instrument dealer; wife Mary 43 both b SCT; Niece Mary A I C SINCLAIR 8 scholar b SCT (43 Bridge St assumed to be same 43 Bridge St Row address used elsewhere.13 )
Adam Richardson appeared on the census of 1901 Bridge St Row (43), Chester, CHS, ENG, enumerated as RICHARDSON: Adam 58 widwr 58 musician & musical instrument dealer, employer, b SCT; Sisters-in-law (THOMPSON): Andrina 50, Isabella C 48 both b SCT; Servant EVANS b Flint.5
Wills/bequestsAdam Richardson Bridge St Row (43), Chester, CHS, ENG, wrote a will on 11 Mar 1907 A most uninformative will with regard to naming relations! Adam left an annuity of £156 to his sister-in-law Anderina Thompson "at present managing my house", to be paid in weekly instalments of £3, the rest of his estate to his solicitor and tailor Robert WALLACE of Foregate St, Chester "in trust for the person or persons who at my death under the Statues for the distribution of the personal effects of intestates would be entitled to my personal estate on my death intestate such persons if more than one to take in the proportion prescribed by the same statues".
Not sure how many of his siblings would still be alive in 1908, but as the estate was valued at some £11,000 I do so hope the solicitors tried to find the nieces and nephews.14 His estate was probated on 7 Aug 1908 Chester, CHS, ENG; index shows Adam d. 26 March, a musical instrument dealer & music seller of Bridge St Mow (sic), Chester. Probate to William Arthur Vere CHURTON, solicitor & Robert WALLACE, tailor. Effects £11409/14/8d resworn to £11129/14/8d.8
All the other infoAdam Richardson was the informant for the death of his wife Jane Parry Ingram on 29 Aug 1867 Nithbank, Dumfries, DFS, SCT.3,15 Adam Richardson and Mary A I C Sinclair are related uncle/niece - which turns out to be on his wife's THOMSON side.13
|Jane Parry Ingram (cir. 1846 - Aug 1867)|
|Mary Thomson (May 1847 - bet. 1891 - 1901)|
|Charts||William RICHARDSON of Pringlestead, Eckford|
RUNCIMAN of Earlston/Wanton Walls
|Last Edited||24 Jun 2017|
- Online search: assorted surnames, International Genealogical Index (IGI), Birth 10 Jan 1843 Adam s/o John RICHARDSON & Ann BLAIR, batch C119841, Edin Par, Edin. MLN, extracted Mar 2009.
- 1851 Census transcripts, Scotland, via Ancestry.com, Par. of Edinburgh Greyfriars, Edinburgh, MLN Par. 685/1 ED George Newts Hosp Pg 11 Sched 1, extracted Mar 2009.
- Scottish BMDB entries (from 1855), http://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk/index.php, Marr. 15 Jul 1867 Adam s/o John RICHARDSON & Ann BLAIR; Jane Parry d/o Andrew INGRAM & Jessie FARRIES, Dumfries, DFS, 821 #50, copy d/loaded Jun 2017.
- 1881 Census images, England & Wales, via Ancestry.com, Civil Par. St Oswald, Sub Dist Cheshire Cathedral, Dist Chester, CHS RG11/3560 ED 11 F 32 Pg 57 Sched 356, hsehold of Adam & Mary RICHARDSON, extracted Mar 2009.
- 1901 Census images, England & Wales, via Ancestry.com, Civil Par. St Michael & St Olave, Sub Dist Chester Castle, Dist Chester, CHS RG13/3370 ED 16 F 83 Pg 10 Sched 64, hsehold of Adam RICHARDSON, extracted Mar 2009.
- Findmypast online at http://www.findmypast.com, Marr. 1871 Q4 Adam RICHARDSON & Mary THOMSON, reg. Carlisle, CUL, 10b/699, extracted Feb 2012.
- Www FreeBMD ENG online at http://freebmd.rootsweb.com/cgi/search.pl, Dth 1908 Q1 Adam RICHARDSON, aged 65, reg. Chester, 8a/272, extracted Mar 2009.
- Ancestry.com online at http://search.ancestry.com, Dth 26 Mar Probate 7 Aug 1908 Adam RICHARDSON, musical instrument dealer of Bridge St, Mow (sic) Chester, to William Arthur Vere CHURTON, solicitor & Robert WALLACE, tailor, from England & Wales, National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills and Administrations), 1861-1941, extracted Feb 2012.
- Various authors, Assorted RICHARDSON Web searches/Correspondence, 1890-2 Adam RICHARDSON (piano and music warehouse), Bridge St, from table of Chester's largest businesses, 1890-2, online at http://www.british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=19211, extracted Feb 2012.
- "Lorna's Family History Musings", Updated Jun 2017.
- 1861 Census transcripts, Scotland, via Ancestry.com, Edinburgh St Cuthberts, Dist of Newington, MLN Reg. 685/5 ED 59 Pg 3 Sched 16, hsehold of John & Ann RICHARDSON, extracted Mar 2009.
- Findmypast online at http://www.findmypast.com, 1871 Dumfries, DFS, Reg. 821 F 16 Page: 10; hsehold of Isabella THOMSON, extracted Jan 2012.
- 1891 Census images, England & Wales, via Ancestry.com, Civil Par. St Michael & St Olave, Sub Dist Chester Castle, Dist Chester, CHS RG12/2863 ED 16 F 46 Pg 2 Sched 5, hsehold of Adam & Mary RICHARDSON, extracted Mar 2009.
- Will: Adam RICHARDSON, Row, Chester, England (11 Mar 1907 (Will) 8 Aug 1908 (Probate)) MF91/56B P612: Will 11 Mar 1907 Probate 7 Aug 1908 Adam RICHARDSON, Musical instrument dealer & music seller, Row, Chester, copy rcvd Feb 2012.
- Scottish BMDB entries (from 1855), http://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk/index.php, Dth 29 Aug 1867 Jane Parry RICHARDSON, m. to Adam RICHARDSON; d/o Andrew INGRAM & Jessie FARISH, DFS, 821 #243, copy d/loaded Jun 2017.
E. & O. E. Some/most parish records are rather hard to read and names, places hard to interpret, particularly if you are unfamiliar with an area.