Archibald James Fairbairn1
(6 July 1825 - 2 May 1851)
|Father||David Fairbairn2,3 (cir. Feb 1800 - Apr 1872)|
|Mother||Jane Herd2,3 (cir. 1802 - aft. 1885)|
|Relationship||1st cousin 4 times removed of Lorna Henderson|
BMDB dataArchibald James Fairbairn was born on 6 Jul 1825 Shiells, Par. of Eccles, BEW, SCT, Marriage and h/stone agree c 1825/6, which is now confirmed by his birth/baptism entry in the Eccles OPR. Unlike most scrawled entries of the time, this register is in neat columns headed "Husband, wife, profession, residence, sons, daughters, births, baptisms, public, private".
Archibald's entry shows resp.: David Fairbairn, Jean Heard, Labourer, Eccles Shiells, Archibald, - , 6 July, 31 July, In Church"
Further down the page is the entry for Robert s/o James Fairbairn, weaver, & Helen Goodfellow of Birgham, 13 Aug, 30 Sep, and in the "Private" column: "Margt Redpath, Margt Broomfield."4,5,3 He was baptized on 31 Jul 1825 Church, Eccles, BEW, SCT.3 Some sources show Archibald as born cir. 1827 Cambden St Marys, Perth Co., ONT, CAN.2
Archibald James Fairbairn married Jane Tracy, daughter of George Tracy and Elizabeth Ernest, on 20 Sep 1849 St Marys, Perth Co, ONT, CAN, Jane 19 of St Marys d/o George & Mrs TRACY , Arch 23 of Blanchard; Wit: Samuel DUSTY and Janet McANTIRE, both of St Marys.1,5
Archibald James Fairbairn died on 2 May 1851 St Marys, Perth Co, ONT, at age 25; Archie Fairbairn was killed by a falling tree when cutting browse for the cattle.6,7,8 He was buried St Marys, Perth Co, ONT, InMemory ofArch FairbairndiedMay 2, 1851
Age 26 yrs. "Weep not my wife nor children dear
I am not dead but sleeping here
My fate you know, my grave you see
Prepare for death and follow me."4
MigrationArchibald James Fairbairn emigrated with David Fairbairn and Jane Fairbairn bet. 1832 - 1835 to Perth Co., ONT, CAN; from Scotland.9,10,11
Census/Where lived/OccupationsArchibald James Fairbairn lived in Sep 1849 Blanshard, Perth Co?, ONT, CAN.5
|Jane Tracy (Jun 1829 - aft. 1881)|
John & Bessie (FFLINT) FAIRBAIRN
|Last Edited||3 Aug 2012|
- Ancestry.com online at http://search.ancestry.com, Marr. 1872 Archibald Jas FAIRBAIRN & Mary McLEOD, reg. Perth Cty, ONT, from Ontario, Canada Marriages, 1857-1924, extracted Oct 2007.
- Online search: assorted surnames, International Genealogical Index (IGI), Birth c 1827 Archibald s/o David M FAIRBAIRN & Jane HERD, Cambden St Marys, Perth, ONT, post 1991 patron submission, extracted Jun 2008.
- Scottish BMDB entries (to 1854), http://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk/index.php, Birth 6th Bap. 31st July 1825 Archibald s/o David FAIRBAIRN & Jean HEARD of Eccles Shiells, in Church, Eccles, copy d/loaded May 2009.
- Joan GERHARD, "EM FAIRBAIRN/TRACY/IREDALE ex Joan G," e-mail to Lorna Henderson, Memorial Archie FAIRBAIRN, St Marys, ONT, rcvd Jul 2008.
- Joan GERHARD, "EM FAIRBAIRN/TRACY/IREDALE ex Joan G," e-mail to Lorna Henderson, Marr. 20 Sep 1849 Arch FAIRBAIRN and Jane d/o George & Mrs TRACY, from Marriage Register of Rev Thomas Brush BROWN, Methodist Minister of Nissouri, extract rcvd Jul 2008.
- Ancestry.com online at http://search.ancestry.com, Marr. 20 May 1854 Mrs Jane FAIRBAIRN, widow, to Joseph IREDALE, at resid of bride's father, Rev C W M Gilbert, from Marriage Notices of Ontario 1813-1854, extracted Jun 2008.
- Betsy SCHMITT, "Corres. re FAIRBAIRN/SAFELY between Betsy S & LornaHen," e-mail to Lorna Henderson, Dth 1852 Archibald FAIRBAIRN, h/o Jane TRACY, St Mary's, ONT, from patron submission, rcvd Jun 2008.
- Joan GERHARD, "EM FAIRBAIRN/TRACY/IREDALE ex Joan G," e-mail to Lorna Henderson, Dth 2 May 1851 Archie FAIRBAIRN, rcvd Jul 2008.
- Lorna Henderson, "FAIRBAIRN Analysis", Jun 2008.
- Betsy SCHMITT, "Corres. re FAIRBAIRN/SAFELY between Betsy S & LornaHen," e-mail to Lorna Henderson, Mary FAIRBAIRN/Walter LILLY, rcvd Jun 2008.
- Betsy SCHMITT, "Corres. re FAIRBAIRN/SAFELY between Betsy S & LornaHen," e-mail to Lorna Henderson, Martha FAIRBAIRN/George TRACY, rcvd Jun 2008.
E. & O. E. Some/most parish records are rather hard to read and names, places hard to interpret, particularly if you are unfamiliar with an area.