(18 July 1853 - 9 April 1854)
|Father||James R Richardson2,3 (Sep 1826 - Jul 1902)|
|Mother||Elizabeth McCulloch2,3 (cir. 1835 - Sep 1881)|
|Relationship||2nd cousin 3 times removed of Lorna Henderson|
BMDB dataJames Richardson was born on 18 Jul 1853 Flinders Lane, Melbourne, VIC, AUS.4,5 He was baptized on 5 Oct 1853 St James, Melbourne, VIC, AUS.3,4
James Richardson died on 9 Apr 1854 Melbourne, VIC; cert shows Jane (sic) as an 8mth old female (sic), died of Low fever 14 days diarrhoea, certified, dtr of James Richardson, blacksmith and Elizabeth formerly McCulloch, inf. father James, of Melbourne, present at death, reg. 10 Apr, Born Melbourne.2,6,7,8
NamesJames Richardson has also been shown (incorrectly) in records as Jane Richardson it being believed that the Jane death cert is really James.2,8
All the other infoA bit of a mystery here. The records show a birth and baptism of a son James and a death 8mths later of an 8 mth old Jane, with the cert showing her as female. All subsequent birth certificates for the siblings make no reference to the death of a dtr, only that of a son, until the dtr Catherine dies, so her dth accounts for the "and a dtr" listed on Andrew's 1862 birth cert. We know that a son James did survive, as he is mentioned in his aunt's will, but the most likely candidate for that is an 1866 James born in Dunedin, NZ. When the family emigrated to NZ, there was no child James listed as being with them, only a younger Jane. An initial theory (Ian's) was that James and Jane were twins, but I think I prefer the subsequent one that they are one and the same infant.8,9
|Charts||William RICHARDSON of Pringlestead, Eckford|
RUNCIMAN of Earlston/Wanton Walls
|Last Edited||15 Jul 2018|
- PEACOCK, Catherine, Will 1890, Edin Sheriff Court (written 26 Sep 1888, proved 12 Dec 1890) SC70/4/249: Copy d/loaded Jun 2007.
- Australian birth death marriage, CD Roms, Dth 1854 Jane d/o James RICHARDSON & Elizabeth McCULLOCH, reg. VIC #2454, extracted Jun 2007 (1998).
- Australian birth death marriage, CD Roms, Bap. 1853 James to James RICHARDSON & Elizabeth McCULLOCH, St James C of E, VIC #18267 extracted Jun 2007 (1998).
- Ian Woonton, "EM: WOONTON, Ian (RICHARDSON desc.)," e-mail to Lorna Henderson, Birth 1853 (18 Jul Flinders Lane) Bap (5 Oct St James C of E) James Russell RICHARDSON, Melbourne, VIC BDM 1853/6042 Pioneers Index 1853/18267, extract rcvd Jul 2007.
- Australian birth death marriage, CD Roms, Bap. 1853 James to James RICHARDSON & Elizabeth McCULLOCH, St James C of E, VIC #18267, extracted Jun 2007 (1998).
- BDM: VIC, AUS, Dth 1854 Jane RICHARDSON, reg. Melbourne #2454, copy d/loaded Jun 2007.
- BDM: VIC, AUS, Birth 1860 Thomas RICHARDSON, reg. Collingwood #307, copy d/loaded Jun 2007.
- "Lorna's Family History Musings", Jul 2007.
- Ian Woonton, "EM: WOONTON, Ian (RICHARDSON desc.)," e-mail to Lorna Henderson, Rcvd Jul 2007.
E. & O. E. Some/most parish records are rather hard to read and names, places hard to interpret, particularly if you are unfamiliar with an area.