(circa June 1791 - 13 April 1853)
|Father||William Richardson3,4 (cir. Dec 1764 - )|
|Mother||Janet Elliott5 (say 1770 - )|
|Relationship||1st cousin 5 times removed of Lorna Henderson|
BMDB dataWalter Richardson was born cir. Jun 1791 Nenthorn, BEW, SCT.3,6 He was baptized on 12 Jun 1791 Bedrule, ROX, SCT; entry reads: "Collected Baptized Walter son to Wm Richardson smith in Nenthorn 2 3/12d."3,7
Walter Richardson married Elizabeth Robertson on 7 Dec 1819 Edinburgh, Edinburgh Par., MLN, SCT, entry reads Walter Richardson Gent servant, Lady Yester Parish & Elizabeth Robertson Same Parish Dr of the late Thos Robertson hairdresser Edinr.1,8,6
Walter Richardson died on 13 Apr 1853 Kirkgate (100), Leith, MLN, SCT; entry #2193 shows Walter RICHARDSON as bookseller, 62, 100 Kirkgate, Leith, cod liver complaint.9,1
Census/Where lived/OccupationsWalter Richardson appeared on the census of 1841 Kirkgate, Leith, MLN, SCT, with Elizabeth Robertson, as RICHARDSON: Walter 51 book seller b SCT; Elisabeth 57 b MLN (NB enumerators were instructed to round ages down to the nearest multiple of 5.)11
Walter Richardson appeared on the census of 1851 Kirkgate (100), Leith South, MLN, SCT, with Elizabeth Richardson, enumerated as RICHARDSON: Walter 59 Auctioneer & General agent, Artillery (artelings on Anc.) & Chelsea Pensioner b. Bedrule (Pedinte on anc.), ROX; wife Elizabeth 68 b. Edinburgh.6,2
Wills/bequestsAn Inventory of the estate of Walter Richardson was taken on 1 Sep 1853 Edinburgh, MLN, SCT, "sometime hairdresser in Edinburgh, thereafter bookseller in Leith"
died 13th Apr 1853
Cash in house £9
8 shares in Leith Property & Investment Society £44/4/-
Interest thereon £2/16/-
Amount of contributions on 8 shares held in Leith District Property & Investment Society £16/8/-
Deduct forfeit incurred by the rules of the Society in giving up right to advance £1/10/-
& expense of letter which had been prepared at deceased's request £6/16/9d
Proceeds of roup of household furniture ?woodwk? which belonged to the deceased sold immediately after his death confirm to roup value £[3?]2/3/8d
Value of stock in trade household furniture held and table linen wearing apparel etc which belonged to the deceased not disposed of conform to inventory and valuation thereof £25/-/6d
Inventory totalled £121/12/11d
"left no children."12
Walter Richardson left a will on 1 Sep 1853 Sheriff Ct, Edinburgh, MLN, SCT, hairdresser of Edinburgh; Mutual disposition between himself and wife Elizabeth Robertson.13
|Elizabeth Robertson (cir. 1783 - May 1863)|
|Charts||William RICHARDSON of Pringlestead, Eckford|
|Last Edited||29 Oct 2017|
- Inventory, 1863, Edinburgh Sheriff Court (filed 28 Sep 1863) SC70/1/117: Copy d/loaded Jun 2007.
- 1851 Census transcripts, Scotland, via Ancestry.com, Leith Sth, MLN Par 692/2 ED 22 Pg 1 Sched 2, hsehold of Walter & Elizabeth RICHARDSON, extracted Jun 2007.
- Scottish BMDB entries (to 1854), http://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk/index.php, Bap. 12 Jun 1791 Walter s/o Wm RICHARDSON, smith in Nenthorn, at Bedrule, ROX, copy rcvd from HDW, Oct 2017.
- "Lorna's Family History Musings", Jun 2007, updated Oct 2017.
- Scottish BMDB entries (to 1854), http://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk/index.php, Marr. 30 May 1789 William RICHARDSON & Janet ELLIOTT, Bedrule, ROX, 782 40/89 copy rcvd from HDW, Oct 2017.
- Census image, SCT, 1851: Sth Leith, MLN, Par. 692/2 Pg 1, Sched. 2, hsehold of Walter & Elizabeth RICHARDSON, copy rcvd from HDW, Oct 2017.
- Online search: assorted surnames, International Genealogical Index (IGI), Bap. 1791 Walter to William RICHARDSON, batch C117826, Bedrule, ROX, extracted Oct 2007.
- Online search: assorted surnames, International Genealogical Index (IGI), Marr. 1819 Walter RICHARDSON & Elizabeth ROBERTSON, batch M119834, Edinburgh Parish, MLN, extracted Jun 2007.
- Will/Inventory, 1853, Edinburgh Sheriff Court Inventory SC70/1/80 Will SC70/4/29: Dth 13 Apr 1853 Walter RICHARDSON, Leith, from Inventory, copy d/loaded Jun 2007.
- "Lorna's Family History Musings", Oct 2017.
- 1841 Census (images for ENG, transcriptions for SCT), UK, Leith Sth, MLN Par 692/2 ED 22, hsehold of Walter & Elizabeth RICHARDSON, extracted Jun 2007.
- WILL: Scottish Wills - SctPeople/SCAN project by initially from the SCAN project online at http://ScotlandsPeople.gov.uk, Inventory 1853 Walter RICHARDSON, hairdresser in Edinburgh, bookseller in Leith, SC70/1/80, Edinburgh Sheriff Court Inventories, index searched Jun 2007, copy d/loaded Oct 2017.
- WILL: Scottish Wills - SctPeople/SCAN project by initially from the SCAN project online at http://ScotlandsPeople.gov.uk, Will 1853 Walter RICHARDSON, hairdresser in Edinburgh, SC70/4/29, Edinburgh Sheriff Court Wills, index searched Jun 2007.
- Scottish BMDB entries (to 1854), http://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk/index.php, Bap. 7 Apr (b. 5 Apr) 1822 Walter Elliott s/o Walter (hairdresser) RICHARDSON & Elizabeth ROBERTSON "H(is)S(pouse)", Lady Yester Par., Edin., 685/1 550 215, copy d/loaded Oct 2017.
E. & O. E. Some/most parish records are rather hard to read and names, places hard to interpret, particularly if you are unfamiliar with an area.