(say 1833 - before 1875)
BMDB dataGeorge McAdie was born say 1833 ?Watten, CAI, SCT.1,2,3
George McAdie died bef. 1875 ?OKI, SCT; if son George's marriage cert. is to be believed, which looks unlikely.1
Census/Where lived/OccupationsGeorge McAdie was a farm servant, dec in Mar 1875.1
All the other infoGeorge McAdie and Catherine Manson were in a de facto relationship cir. May 1855 Kirk, Par. of Bower, CAI, SCT.1,4,5 George McAdie is a potential duplicate of George McAdie; the Kirk, Bower connection?6,3,5
|Catherine Manson (cir. 1839 - bet. 1871 - 1875)|
|Last Edited||5 Jun 2013|
- Scottish BMDB entries (from 1855), http://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk/index.php, Marr. 1875 George McADIE and Isabella PAPLAY, reg. OKI Dist 017 Pg 3 #5, copy d/loaded Sep 2006.
- MacADIE and variants: births christenings marriages, International Genealogical Index (IGI), Bap. 3 Feb 1833 George s/o George McADIE & Catharen MULLICAN, Watten, CAI.
- GRO, SCT, BDM searches at GRO SCT: Marr. 11 Jul 1856, George McADIE & Eliz CALDER, both of Kirk Bower, trans. Stuart H, May 2001.
- FamilySearch Labs Record Search (LDS) online at http://search.labs.familysearch.org/recordsearch/, Birth 4 Feb 1856 George s/o Catherine MANSON, Bower, CAI, from Scotland, Births and Baptisms, 1564-1950 batch C11034-1 film 6035516, extracted May 2013.
- 1861 Census transcripts, Scotland, via Ancestry.com, Kirk, Bower, CAI, Reg. 34 ED: 5; Page: 1; hsehold of Margaret MANSON, extracted May 2006.
- "Lorna's Family History Musings", May 2013.
- Australian Dictionary of National Biography, online ed online at http://adb.anu.edu.au/biography/, G. D. Solomon, 'MacAdie, Thomas Fergus Buchanan (1919–1973)', Australian Dictionary of Biography, National Centre of Biography, Australian National University, http://adb.anu.edu.au/biography/…, extracted 31 May 2013.
E. & O. E. Some/most parish records are rather hard to read and names, places hard to interpret, particularly if you are unfamiliar with an area.