(2 February 1756 - 8 May 1799)
|Father||Walter King2 (Mar 1706/7 - cir. Apr 1771)|
|Mother||Ann Barter3 (cir. Mar 1723 - cir. Jun 1804)|
|Relationship||5th great-aunt of Lorna Henderson|
BMDB dataElizabeth King was baptized on 2 Feb 1756 Sampford Spiney, DEV, ENG; (very faint) entry reads Elizabeth ye Daughter of Walter King and Ann his wife was Baptized ye 2d day of February.2,4
Elizabeth King married John Dawe, son of Joseph Dawe and Elizabeth Crossman, on 20 Sep 1781 Par. Ch, Walkhampton, DEV, ENG, entry reads: 1781 John DAWE of the par of Buckland Monachorum farmer and Elizabeth King spinster of this parish mar. in this ch by licence 20th Sep 1781 by George Jope Vicar, both signed, witnesses Joseph Dawe (could be John's elder brother or his father, the writing looks shaky enough for the latter!) and John King (assumed to be Elizabeth's stepfather, and cousin.)5
Elizabeth King died on 8 May 1799 Yelland, Par. of Buckland Monachorum, DEV, ENG, at age 43.1,2,6 She was buried on 11 May 1799 Buckland Monachorum, DEV, ENG, (John has 8th May, which I've assumed is death date) entry reads May 11th Elizabeth Dawe, 45 or poss. 43, Yelland.2,6
All the other infoElizabeth King witnessed the marriage of James Barter King and Sarah Pike on 12 Jul 1780 Walkhampton, DEV, ENG.7,1 Elizabeth King witnessed the baptism of James Creber on 28 Apr 1797 in the Par. of Walkhampton, DEV, ENG; entry shows James as s/o Richard Creber and Elizabeth his wife with godfathers James Barter King (1st cousin 2x removed & 2 cousin once removed) and Thomas Spry (his grandfather) and Godmothers Unity Bone (don't yet know anything about her, but note that an Elizabeth Bone married Richard King in 1758, James' great uncle) and Elizabeth Dawe (nee King and another 1st cousin 2x removed & 2 cousin once removed.)8,9
James Barter King paid a heriot in 1799 due on the death of Elizabeth King of Bridgetown, Manor of Walkhampton, DEV, ENG, "Jas Barter King for an Hert. due on Eliza King's death for Bridgetown" As his sister Elizabeth King wife of John Dawe of Yeolland died in 1799, I've assumed she was a "life" on Bridgetown.10
|John Dawe (cir. Jan 1742 - Feb 1814)|
|Charts||Sampson & Joan (BLANCHARD) DAWE of Buckland Monachorum, (DEV) |
Ancestors (& their siblings) of Alice HENDERSON nee ANDREWS
|Last Edited||10 Oct 2012|
- Births marriages burials: DEV, ENG, Marr. 1780 James Barter KING and Sarah PIKE, at Walkhampton, extracted from MF3, Devon Record Office, Exeter, Aug 2006.
- John Lunceford, "EM LUNCEFORD, John," e-mail to Lorna Henderson, Family Walter and Ann KING, rcvd Oct 2006.
- John Lunceford, "EM LUNCEFORD, John," e-mail to Lorna Henderson, Extended family of Walter and Ann KING, rcvd Oct 2006.
- Births marriages burials: DEV, ENG, Bap. 1756 Elizabeth to Walter & Ann KING, extracted from Sampford Spiney baptisms, Nov 2006.
- Births marriages burials: DEV, ENG, Marr. 1781 John DAWE and Elizabeth KING, from Walkhampton MF 4, extracted West Devon Record Office, Aug 2006.
- Births marriages burials: DEV, ENG, Bur. 1799 Elizabeth DAWE, extracted from the Buckland Monachorum Burials, MF8, Nov 2006.
- Deborah O'Brien http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~dob7/, "DEV: Walkhampton OPC," e-mail to L Henderson(1), Marr. 1780 James Barter KING and Sarah PIKE, from Walkhampton Parish Records, extract rcvd Feb 2006.
- Dartmoor Press online at http://home.clara.net/dartmoorpress/, Bap. 1797 James CREBER, extracted from CREBERs of Furzetor, on WalknPropsWalkValley.html, Oct 2006.
- Births marriages burials: DEV, ENG, Bap. 1797 James to Richard & Elizabeth CREBER, extracted from Walkhampton PR, Oct 2006.
- Dartmoor Press online at http://home.clara.net/dartmoorpress/, Heriot Payments 1799-1810, from WalknRecordsManor.html, extracted Nov 2006.
E. & O. E. Some/most parish records are rather hard to read and names, places hard to interpret, particularly if you are unfamiliar with an area.