(July 1812 - 4 September 1879)
|Father||James Wines1 (1762 - cir. May 1826)|
|Mother||Rebekah Vagg1 (cir. 1778 - cir. Mar 1860)|
|Relationship||2nd cousin 4 times removed of Lorna Henderson|
BMDB dataSimeon Wines was born in Jul 1812 Sth Petherton, SOM, ENG, (Caf has Jun.)1,2 Some sources believe Simeon Wines was born cir. 1814 from age at marriage.3 He was christened on 18 Feb 1815 Round Well St Independent, Sth Petherton, SOM, ENG; Simeon, b. July 1812 bap 18 Feb 1815 by Thos Griffith.1
Simeon Wines married Ellen Wilson on 30 Nov 1850 Avoca, Dist of Fingal, TAS, AUS, Simon WINES, 36, Ellen WILSON, 17; David has place as Fingal, Cas had Avoca, originally I had keyed date as 20th, but AUS vitals has 30th. A msge on the Rootsweb archives has Fingal as well, so without checking the actual geography, I've assumed that Fingal is the District and Avoca the place within the district.2,4,5,6,7
Simeon Wines died on 4 Sep 1879 Falmouth, TAS, AUS, at age 67; Caf has 4 Sep 1872, but the only Simon on my AUS dth index was 4 Sep 1879, ref #164 aged 69, which is the same yr as the Rootsweb AUS-CON mailing list (aged 69.)2,8
MigrationSimeon Wines immigrated, rather involuntarily, on 4 Oct 1832 on the "Circassian", TAS, AUS; arriving Hobart 16 Feb 1833.9,10
All the other infoSimeon Wines was convicted on 29 Mar 1832 at the Assizes, SOM, ENG, leaving for Van Dieman's land 4 Oct 1832. The index shows he got fourteen years (apparently for stealing eggs, and previously apples.)10,11
Simeon Wines was pardonned cir. 1841 TAS, AUS; the entry (#3579) showing that he was deported on the Carcassian, convicted in Somerset March 1832 with a 14 yr sentence, had resided in colony 9 years, had held a ticket of leave for 3 years, with the remarks: "Having been nearly nine years in the service of one Master without having been once charged with misconduct."12
|Ellen Wilson (cir. 1833 - Aug 1870)|
|Last Edited||28 Aug 2007|
- Reel 68H, Somerset 73 II, Sth Petherton Non Conformist, baptisms: Extracted Oct 1994, Filed in sources folder & notebooks.
- Caf SMITH (36345), "EM WINES/IRELAND ex Caf S," e-mail to L McIntosh (1), FTree rcvd Dec 2003.
- Australian birth death marriage, CD Roms, WINES marriages, TAS, extracted Dec 2003 (1998).
- Australian birth death marriage, CD Roms, Marr. 30 Nov 1850 Simon WINES (36) & Ellen WILSON (17), reg. TAS, #92, extracted Dec 2003 (1998).
- David RADFORD (51276), "EM WINES/RADFORD ex David R," e-mail to Lorna Henderson, Via GenesReunited, Aug 2007.
- Rootsweb Mailing List online at http://lists.rootsweb.com, Simeon WINES, from AUS-CON mailing list posting Jan 2003, extracted Aug 2007.
- "Lorna's Family History Musings", Aug 2007.
- Rootsweb Mailing List online at http://lists.rootsweb.com, Dth 1879 Simeon WINES, from AUS-CON mailing list posting Jan 2003, extracted Aug 2007.
- GenesReunited online at http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/, Family of Simeon WINES & Ellen WILSON, from Val STYLES, rcvd Aug 2007.
- Ancestry.com online at http://search.ancestry.com, "Circassian", 1832 Simeon WINES, conviceted 29 Mar 1832, Somerset, voyage 4 Oct 1832, Van dieman's Land colony, HO11/8, from Australian convict Transportation Registers - Other Fleets & Ships, 1791-1868, extracted Aug 2007.
- Jenni GIBBONS (34756), "WINES, Simeon ex Jenni G," e-mail to L McIntosh (1), Simeon's offence(s), from GR tree, extracted Aug 2007.
- Ancestry.com online at http://search.ancestry.com, 1841/2 Simeon WINES, Pardons, TAS, convicted Somerset, Piece HO 10/57, from New Sth Wales & Tasmania, AUS, Convict Pardons & Tickets of Leave, 1834-1859, extracted Aug 2007.
- Caf SMITH (36345), "EM WINES/IRELAND ex Caf S," e-mail to L McIntosh (1), WINES FTree rcvd Dec 2003.
E. & O. E. Some/most parish records are rather hard to read and names, places hard to interpret, particularly if you are unfamiliar with an area.