(circa 1805 - February 1846)
|Father||John Dawe2 (bef. 1790 - )|
BMDB dataHonor Dawe was born cir. 1805 DEV?, ENG, (the previous "abt 1811" came from an 1841 census, now discounted given her age at burial.)3,4
Honor Dawe married Anthony Brooking, son of Anthony Brooking and Mary Rowe, on 25 Dec 1841 Par. Ch, Par. of Charles Martyr, Plymouth, DEV, ENG, cert. shows both Anthony and Honor were of full age, Anthony a carpenter resid. Jubilee St, s/o George Brooking a carpenter (should be Anthony), and Honor resid. Ham St, d/o John Dawe a labourer, both signed, wit by M Rickard (?Richard?) and Robt Lewis.2,5
Honor Dawe died in Feb 1846 Paddington St, Marylebone, LND, ENG; in childbirth, baby also died (but the dth regs are 6 mths apart.) Qtr 1
Anthony widower 1851 cens.3,6 She was buried on 15 Feb 1846 Marylebone, LND, ENG, entry shows Honor as 41, of Paddington St.3
Census/Where lived/OccupationsHonor Dawe lived in Dec 1841 Ham St, Plymouth, DEV, ENG.2
NamesHonor Dawe has also been shown (incorrectly) in records as Mary Honor Hannah Existence from 1851 census (Anthony a widower), name from Pat Nicholls, subsequently believed to be wrong and DAWE substituted instead, from Anthony's 1841 marr. cert (with his wrong father on it) and son William's birth cert.8,9,1,2,10,11
|Anthony Brooking (cir. Nov 1813 - Nov 1872)|
|Charts||ROWE descendant chart|
|Last Edited||31 Jul 2017|
- Www FreeBMD ENG online at http://freebmd.rootsweb.com/cgi/search.pl, Images 1841 Dec qtr: Page D104, downloaded Nov 2004.
- Various, BDM Certified copy, Marr. 1841 Anthony BROOKING and Honor DAWE, reg. Plymouth, copy rcvd Feb 2006.
- London Metropolitan Archives: Birth death marriage (filmed originals): , Bur. 15 Feb 1846 Honor BROOKING, aged 41, of Paddington St, bur. St Marylebone,Call Number: P89/mry1/349, extrated Jun 2016.
- Val Symis (30421), "EM DAWE/TAYLOR ex Val SYMIS," e-mail to L Henderson (1), 1841 Salterton, Dist of East Budleigh, St Thomas, DEV HO107/0206 ED 3 Folio 4 Pg 3 Entry 22, extract rcvd Feb 2006.
- Www FreeBMD ENG online at http://freebmd.rootsweb.com/cgi/search.pl, Marr. 1841 Anthony BROOKING and Honor DAWE, reg. Plymouth Dec qtr 1841 9/484, index images searched Nov 2004.
- Census: DEV 1851, East Stonehouse, DEV: HO/107/1880 Folio 90 Page 55 Film 0221029, hsehold of Anthony and Mary BROOKING, extracted Aug 2002.
- "Lorna's Family History Musings", Jun 2016.
- Census: DEV 1851, HO/107/1880 Folio 90 Page 55 Film 0221029.
- Letter, Pat NICHOLS nee BAKER (20707) to L Henderson (1), Rcvd Apr 2000.
- Www FreeBMD ENG online at http://freebmd.rootsweb.com/cgi/search.pl, Dth 1846 Honor BROOKING, reg. Marylebone MDX Mar qtr 1/190, extracted Feb 2006.
- Www FreeBMD ENG online at http://freebmd.rootsweb.com/cgi/search.pl, Dth 1846 Honor Mary Hannah BROOKING, reg. Bethnal Gr Sep qtr 2/11, extracted Feb 2006.
- Ian Logan, "EM BROOKING Society," e-mail to Lorna Henderson, Desc. chart from BROOKING JB (Anthony BROOKING and Mary ROWE), copy rcvd Feb 2006.
E. & O. E. Some/most parish records are rather hard to read and names, places hard to interpret, particularly if you are unfamiliar with an area.