(25 October 1825 - 10 February 1884)
|Father||John Richardson (Dec 1777 - Feb 1855)|
|Mother||Elizabeth Shiel (Dec 1784 - Dec 1875)|
|Relationship||1st cousin 4 times removed of Lorna Henderson|
BMDB dataWilliam Richardson was born on 25 Oct 1825 The Braes, Morebattle, ROX, SCT.1,2,3
William Richardson married Mary Ann Davidson, daughter of Jonah Davidson and Frances Wilson, in 1854 Jedburgh, ROX, SCT.1
William Richardson died on 10 Feb 1884 Southdean Farm, Bridge Houses, Southdean, ROX, SCT, at age 58; "went to help his brother at a lambing season, caught pneumonia and died there 1884". Cause 8 days of hepatitis. Inf. Adam R, brother.
Memoriam card reads: In Loving Remembrance of William Richardson late of Lanton who died at Southdean, 10th February, 1884 aged 58 years Interred in Castlewood Cemetery, Jedburgh A loved one from our home has gone, The Husband, Father, Friend, Great is our loss, but he has gained Life that shall never end."4,5 He was buried with Mary Ann Davidson Castlewood Cem., Jedburgh, ROX, SCT.6,5
Census/Where lived/OccupationsBy 1855 William Richardson was a shepherd Heatherhope, Par. of Hounam, ROX, SCT.1,2
William Richardson was shown as the head of the household in the census of 1861 Heatherhope, Par. of Hounam, ROX, with Mary enumerated as RICHARDSON: William, 35, shepherd, b Morebattle, Margaret (sic), 33 b ENG. Children: John 5, Jonah 4, Thomas 2 all b Hounam. Also Andrew BROWN, boarder 57, shepherd, b Oxnam.7
The census of 1871 showed William with his wife Mary, their sons Thomas, Jonah, Adam and William, their dtr Frances Heatherhope, Par. of Hounam, ROX, household enumerated as RICHARDSON: William 46 shepherd b Morebattle, ROX; wife Mary Ann 43 b ENG; Children: Thomas 19 (prob. 12?, certainly fits better and explains how come he's still a scholar), Jonah 14, Adam 9, William 6, all scholars (sic), Frances W (dtr) 2, all b Hownam.8
William Richardson was shown as the head of the household in the census of 1881 Lanton, Par. of Jedburgh, ROX, SCT, with Mary enumerated as RICHARDSON: William, head, 55, b Morebattle, ROX, farmer 56 acres emp 1man 1boy, Mary, farmer's wife, 53 b Bambourgh, Northumberland, ENG. Frances, farmer's dtr, 12, b Hownam, ROX. William, farmer's son, 16, b Hownam, ROX. Thomas, farmer's son, 22, b Hownam, ROX.9
External linksClick here to see William's page on WikiTree, a (free) collaborative on-line tree.10
William Richardson belongs to a DNA tested line. There may be more information available on DNASurnames under the DNA project for his/her surname/line.
|Mary Ann Davidson (May 1827 - Feb 1910)|
|Charts||William RICHARDSON of Pringlestead, Eckford|
RUNCIMAN of Earlston/Wanton Walls
|Last Edited||16 Mar 2014|
- ROX SCT, Birth certs Film #103389, Birth 20 Apr 1855 John RICHARDSON, Heathhope, Hounam, ROX (1855).
- Jim RICHARDSON, "EM RICHARDSON Morebattle John & Elizabeth," e-mail to L McIntosh, from research of Jean RICHARDSON Edin 1960.
- Paul Richardson, "RICHARDSON, William of Eckford", Birth 25 Oct 1825 William s/o John RICHARDSON & Elizabeth SHIEL, The Braes, Morebattle, ROX.
- Jim RICHARDSON, "EM RICHARDSON Morebattle John & Elizabeth," e-mail to L McIntosh, 17 Apr 2000, incl. letter from his Aunt Tib DUNCAN 1975.
- Ralph RICHARDSON (23610), "EM RICHARDSON, Ralph," e-mail to L McIntosh (1), Memoriam card William RICHARDSON 1884, rcvd Jun 2007.
- Jim RICHARDSON, "EM RICHARDSON Morebattle John & Elizabeth," e-mail to L McIntosh, 25 Sep 2000.
- Letter, S Keller (22625) to L McIntosh, Oct 2000 ex 1861 Census film #103909.
- 1871 Census transcripts, Scotland, via Ancestry.com, Hownam, ROX Reg 791 ED 1 Pg 4 Sched 16, hsehold of William & Mary Ann RICHARDSON, extracted Jun 2007.
- 1881 Census transcripts, UK, via Family Search/LDS CDs, Lanton, Jedburgh, ROX, FHL Film 0224041 GRO Ref Volume 792 EnumDist 14 Page 6, hsehold of William & Mary RICHARDSON.
- WikiTree online at http://WikiTree.com/, Jul 2013.
E. & O. E. Some/most parish records are rather hard to read and names, places hard to interpret, particularly if you are unfamiliar with an area.