(circa May 1797 - )
|Father||Archibald Fairbairn1,2 (say 1760 - bet. 1800 - 1841)|
|Mother||Alison Crosser1,2 (say 1760 - bet. 1800 - 1841)|
|Relationship||4th great-uncle of Lorna Henderson|
BMDB dataJohn Fairbairn was born cir. May 1797 Grahamslaw, Par. of Eckford, ROX, SCT.2 He was baptized on 14 May 1797 at the Gateshaw Assoc. Session, Morebattle, ROX, SCT; the entry showing that Archibald and Alison were at Grahamslaw, in the Parish of Eckford at the time.1,2
All the other infoJohn Fairbairn is a potential duplicate of John Fairbairn; one John, s/o Arch & Alison chr 1797, in SCT, the other John, father of the John who married Sarah Daughterty, Prescott Co, ONT in 1862.
This theory has swung in and out several times over the years, and last came back in when the documented confusion of Jane Williamson's husband was a David or a John was found.
However I am now convinced that the John father of John married to Sarah Daughterty is actually the son of John and Jane (Williamson), this John being the brother of the William married to Jane Wanless.
Further documented evidence is however lacking, but would be good to find.
DNA evidence shows that although descendants of Archibald and Alison (Crosser) are closely related to the descendants of William and Jane (Wanless) all 4 tested so far share cdya=37 rather than 36 that all of Archibald and Alison's part of lineage 1a have.
It would still be good however to have a descendant from one of John and Jane (Williamson) Fairbairn's other sons to join the dna project to confirm the dna signature for that line, and see what that tells us.3,4,5,6
John & Bessie (FFLINT) FAIRBAIRN
Ancestors & siblings of Les Henderson
|Last Edited||20 Mar 2012|
- Ann COSSAR, "EM FAIRBAIRN/CROS(I)ER ex Ann C," e-mail to L McIntosh (1), Bap. 14 May 1797 John FAIRBAIRN, ex OPR index, rcvd Mar 1996.
- Morebattle, ROX: Gateshaw Associate Session & Free Church Records: Item 4 (Gateshaw 1775-1907) & 8 (Free Church 1847-52), Bap. (at Morebattle) 14 May 1797 John s/o Archibald FAIRBAIRN & Alison CROSER, of Grahamslaw, Par. of Eckford, extracted Jul 2008.
- Lorna Henderson, "FAIRBAIRN Analysis", 1996, Jul 2008, updated Jan & Dec 2009, Feb 2012.
- Duncan BLACHFORD, "EM FAIRBAIRN/ATCHESON ex Duncan B," e-mail to Lorna Henderson, "Fairbairn Family", from a copy of an undated, unsourced document found "several years ago" in the Wellington County, Ontario Archives Fairbairn file, (now understood to be submitted pre-1994 by a Nora CARLOW, now deceased), copy rcvd Dec 2009.
- Www FAIRBAIRN searches and miscellaneous correspondence by LornaHen (1) "Fairbairn Family", submitted by Nora CARLOW (now deceased), pre 1994, from correspondence with the archivist of the Wellington County, Ontario Archives, rcvd Dec 2009.
- Ross HOTCHKISS (32667), "EM FAIRBAIRN: QUE/ONT ex Ross H," e-mail to Lorna Henderson, Dec 2009.
E. & O. E. Some/most parish records are rather hard to read and names, places hard to interpret, particularly if you are unfamiliar with an area.