(5 February 1780 - between 1851 and 1861)
|Father||Robert Richardson (cir. Mar 1747 - aft. 1791)|
|Mother||Margaret Runchaman (cir. Oct 1746 - aft. 1784)|
|Relationship||4th great-uncle of Lorna Henderson|
BMDB dataRobert Richardson was born on 5 Feb 1780 Whitelaw, nr Rutherford, Par. of Maxton, ROX, SCT, Robert RICHARDSON, son to Robert RICHARDSON in Whitelaw nr Rutherford and his wife Margt RUNCHAMAN was born 5th Feby 1780 and baptised 17 same"
1841 cen. implies 1786, 1851 implies 1778.1 He was baptized on 17 Feb 1780 Maxton, ROX, SCT.1
Robert Richardson married Jane Young say 1822 date assumed.
Robert Richardson was assumed to have died bet. 1851 - 1861 ?Morebattle, ROX, SCT, not immediately obvious Sct People under OPR or SRI deaths.2
Census/Where lived/OccupationsRobert Richardson was blacksmith in 1837 Morebattle, ROX, SCT.4
Robert Richardson appeared on the census of 7 Jun 1841 Morebattle, ROX, with Jane Richardson, as RICHARDSON: Robert, blacksmith; (Assumed wife) Jane 51, born in county; Assumed children: Agnes 15, born in county; James, 15, born in county, blacksmith's app; Jane, 12, b County; Also George STAVERT 20 blacksmith J(ourneyman) b. Cty (NB enumerators were instructed to round ages down to the nearest multiple of 5.)5,6
Robert Richardson appeared on the census of 30 Mar 1851 Morebattle, ROX, with Jean Young, enumerated as RICHARDSON: Robert, blacksmith emp 2 men, head, mar, 73, b Maxton; wife Jean, 62, b Jedburgh; Dtr Agnes, unm, 24, farm serv b Morebattle; Servant: John PURVES, mar, 26, blacksmith journeyman, b Linton, ROX.7 Robert Richardson and Jane Young were not found in the census of 1861 ROX, SCT.8
All the other infoRobert Richardson blacksmith at Morebattle 1824-1851 (at least, married to Jane YOUNG say 1822ish and Robert Richardson blacksmith at Morebattle rebuked for an irregular marriage to Christina ELLIOT in 1809 are possibly the same person this theory being reinforced by a reasonably strong DNA match between a descendant of the Robert married to Christina, and two descendants of Robert( marr. to Jane YOUNG's) sister Elizabeth.9
|Jane Young (cir. 1789 - bet. 1851 - 1861)|
|Charts||William RICHARDSON of Pringlestead, Eckford|
RUNCIMAN of Earlston/Wanton Walls
Ancestors & siblings of Les Henderson
|Last Edited||24 Dec 2016|
- Births baptisms burials: Maxton, ROX (Dist 798), bap Robt 1780.
- Unknown author, DCERT: RICHARDSON, James 1903: s/o Robert R/Jane YOUNG.
- Ancestry.com - Family Trees online at http://search.ancestry.com, Irregular marriage 5 Mar 1824 James STEWART & Elizabeth YOUNG, Morebattle, ROX, from Walker & Sinclair roots tree of mick323, online at http://trees.ancestry.com.au/tree/13861113/story/…, extracted Aug 2012.
- H D W (15319), "Borders Corres. ex H D W," e-mail to L Henderson (1), 29 Mar 1996: Pigot's Commercial Directory, 1837.
- 1841 Census, Borders, SCT, LDS Film.
- 1841 Census transcripts, Scotland, via Ancestry.com, Morebattle, ROX; Par. 801 ED: 1; Page: 2; hsehold of Robert & Jane RICHARDSON, extracted Dec 2016.
- 1851 census, Borders, ROX, Maxton, Melrose, Jedburgh, Southdean.
- 1861 Census (images for ENG, transcriptions for SCT), UK, via Ancestry.com, ROX, searched Jun 2007.
- "Lorna's Family History Musings", May 2008, updated Aug 2016.
- Online search: assorted surnames, International Genealogical Index (IGI), Birth 12 May 1829 Betty d/o Robert RICHARDSON & Jane YOUNG, Batch C118014 Morebattle, ROX, extracted May 2008.
E. & O. E. Some/most parish records are rather hard to read and names, places hard to interpret, particularly if you are unfamiliar with an area.