(circa March 1828 - 4 August 1882)
|Father||Donald McAdie1 (say 1790 - bef. 1861)|
|Mother||Janet Murray1 (say 1790 - bef. 1861)|
BMDB dataJames McAdie was born cir. Mar 1828 Watten, Par. of Watten, CAI, SCT, (but by 1882 he'd lost a couple of years of age.)4,5 He was christened on 25 Mar 1828 Watten, Par. of Watten, CAI.4 Others say that James McAdie died in 1862 Eganstown, VIC, AUS, which just has to be incorrectly indexed on ancestry (1862 aged 37 instead of 1882 aged 51).
Vic BDMs online only has the 1882 dth of James, son of Donald McADIE and Janet MURRAY, which matches the 1873 marr. cert., also giving these parents.1,6
James McAdie married Ann McKenzie on 9 Jul 1871 Ballarat, VIC, AUS, cert. shows James as 39 farmer, b Caithness, SCT, s/o Donald McADIE, carpenter, & Janet m.s. MURRAY; Ann as 32 housekeeper b Aberdeenshire, Scotland, d/o William McKENZIE, labourer, & Margaret m.s. McPHERSON; Both were present/usu. resid. Bullarook, both signed; Wit: A C John WHITE, Elizabeth McKENZIE.7,2,3,8
James McAdie died on 4 Aug 1882 Eastern Hill, Bullarook, VIC, AUS.3 He was buried Mt Prospect Cem., Mt Prospect, VIC, AUS, aged 51.5
Census/Where lived/OccupationsJames McAdie was a farmer in Aug 1882 Eastern Hill, Bullarook, VIC, AUS.3
Wills/bequestsHis estate was probated on 25 Sep 1882 VIC, AUS; sole executrix widow Ann; d. 4 Aug 1882; Real property no more than £181, personal property no more than £71/19/-
Real esate: allotment 136 Section B Parish of Bullarook, County of Grant, "40 acres or thereabouts" on which land two roomed cottage, land fenced with two rail fence, about 8 acres under cultivation, was occupied by deceased, would let for £8 per year
Allotment 6 Section N Portion of Subdivision of Section A situate in the Parish of Carlyle Township of Wagl[?umyah?] County unnamed containing 1 rood or thereabouts no improvements on this land
Money in hand £10 Furniture £5, 5 cows £5, 2 horses and foal £20, implements £10, Plough harness £1, Fowls £5, 12 bags grain £7/4/-; No debts
Signed Ann McAdie, Executrix
Will dated 19 Jul 1882; one page, leaving everything to wife Ann; Witnessed by August John Charles WHITE, farmer ?Kooroocheay via Smeaton?; Angus SINCLAIR, miner Eganstown.3
|Ann McKenzie (cir. 1839 - aft. 1883)|
|Charts||Donald & Janet (MURRAY) McADIE|
|Last Edited||3 Jun 2013|
- Index of births, marriages and deaths, Dth 1862 James s/o Donald McADIE & Janet MURRAY, Eganstown, VIC, aged 37, reg. 8454, from Australia Death Index, 1787-1985, extracted Jan 2000.
- Index of births, marriages and deaths, Birth 1872 Margaret Jane d/o James McADIE & Ann McKENZIE, Egan. VIC, ref. #15930, extracted Jan 2000.
- Probate Records (VIC, AUS) by Public Record Office Victoria (AUS) online at http://prov.vic.gov.au/wills-and-probate, Dth 4 Aug Probate 25 Sep 1882 James McADIE, farmer, Eastern Hill, Par. of Bullarook, VIC, File 24/433, to widow Ann, extracted from images, May 2013.
- MacADIE and variants: births christenings marriages, International Genealogical Index (IGI), Bap. 25 Mar 1828 James s/o Donald McADIE & Janet MURRAY, Watten, CAI, extracted Jan 2000.
- Ancestry.com online at http://search.ancestry.com, Bur. James McADIE, aged 51, Mt Prospect Cem., VIC, from Australian Institute of Genealogical Studies; Reference: M140, indexed in Australia Cemetery Index, 1808-2007, extracted May 2013.
- "Lorna's Family History Musings", Jun 2013.
- Index of births, marriages and deaths, Marr. 1871 James McADIE & Ann McKENZIE, VIC, ref. 3113, extracted Jan 2000.
- BDM: VIC, AUS, Marr. 9 Jul 1871 James s/o George McADIE & Janet MURRAY; Ann d/o William MckENZIE & Margaret McPHERSON, Ballarat, VIC, copy d/loaded Jun 2013.
E. & O. E. Some/most parish records are rather hard to read and names, places hard to interpret, particularly if you are unfamiliar with an area.