(circa February 1826 - )
|Father||John McAdie2,3 (cir. Apr 1780 - aft. 1863)|
|Mother||Isobel Robson3 (cir. 1793 - Jan 1882)|
BMDB dataJohn McAdie was born cir. Feb 1826 Watten, Par. of Watten, CAI, SCT.4,3 He was christened on 21 Feb 1826 North Dun(n), Par. of Watten, CAI, SCT; 'before a District Congregation.5'
John McAdie married Ellen Miller, daughter of James Miller and Ann Sinclair, on 27 Mar 1857 in the Hse of Rev Cairns, Melbourne, VIC, AUS, "On the 28th ult., by the Rev. Adam Cairns, John McAdie Farmer, Deep Creek, youngest son of John McAdie Farmer, Olgrimbegg (sic), Halkirk, Inverness, Scotland, to Helen Miller, eldest daughter James Miller, manager Bainskirk (sic), Halkirk, Inverness, Scotland."
Cert. shows 27th, John 30, farmer b. Watten, N.B. (North Britain), resid. Deep Creek,?Lancehold?, s/o John McADIE, farmer, & Isabella ROBERTSON; Ellen as 24, b Bower, N.B., resid. ?.ope? Cottage, Village, d/o James MILLER, farm servant, & Ann SINCLAIR; Wit: James McADIE & William MILLER.6,2,3
MigrationIt is assumed that John McAdie arrived on the "Hoogly", Hobsons Bay, VIC, AUS, on 25 Nov 1851 the index shows a John McAdie, aged 25, Scottish, dep. Plymouth.9
Census/Where lived/OccupationsJohn McAdie appeared on the census of 1841 Dunn, Par. of Watten, CAI, SCT, in the household of John McAdie and Isobel Robson and is assumed to be a son.10 John McAdie appeared on the census of 1851 Stirkoke, Par. of Wick, CAI, SCT, in the household of John McAdie and Isobel Robson as son of John.4
|Ellen Miller (May 1831 - )|
|Charts||John & Elspeth (SUTHERLAND) McADIE|
|Last Edited||5 Jun 2013|
- Letter, David RYRIE (13574) to L McIntosh (1), Jun 1994.
- Trove - Digitised Newspapers, Marr. 28 Mar 1857 John s/o John McADIE & Ellen d/o James MILLER, Deep Creek, Family Notices. (1857, April 3). The Argus (Melbourne, Vic. : 1848 - 1957), p. 4. online at http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article7147356, extracted May 2013.
- BDM: VIC, AUS, Marr. 27 Aug 1857 John s/o John McADIE & Isabella ROBERTSON; Ellen d/o James MILLER & Ann SINCLAIR, Hse of Rev Cairns, Melbourne, VIC, copy d/loaded Jun 2013.
- 1851 Census transcripts, Scotland, via Ancestry.com, Wick, CAI; Par. 43 ED: 7A; Page: 2; hsehold of John & Isabella McADIE, extracted May 2013.
- Letter, Thelma WILSON (29804) to L McIntosh (1), 11 Mar 1994.
- Index of births, marriages and deaths, Marr. 1857 John McADIE & Ellen MILLER, ref. 937.
- "Lorna's Family History Musings", May 2013.
- William Macadie, "FT MacADIE ex Dunbeath Heritage Centre", Sighted Jul/Sep 1994 and again in Jul/Sep 1995, I'm mistakenly recorded as Lorna McKENZIE on the bottom of one of the pages, but accurately recorded as being interested in Robert MacADIE & Margaret SINCLAIR, and George MacADIE & Margaret COTTAR., Birth 5.7.1830 Dth 8.10.1896 James s/o John MacADIE (farmer Olgrinbeg) & Isabella ROBERTSON, extracted Jun 2013.
- Ancestry.com online at http://search.ancestry.com, "Hoogly" 25 Nov 1851 John McADIE, aged 25, Scottish, dep. Plymouth, arr. Hobsons Bay, VIC, from VPRS 14; Series Title: Register of Assisted Immigrants from the United Kindom (refer to microform copy, VPRS 3502) indexed in Victoria, Australia, Assisted and Unassisted Passenger Lists, 1839–1923, extracted Jun 2013.
- 1841 Census transcripts, Scotland, via Ancestry.com, Watten, CAI, Par. 42 ED: 4; Page: 1; hsehold of John McADIE & Isabella ROBERTSON, extracted May 2013.
E. & O. E. Some/most parish records are rather hard to read and names, places hard to interpret, particularly if you are unfamiliar with an area.