(say 1760 - before 1863)
|Relationship||4th great-grandfather of Lorna Henderson|
BMDB dataJohn Robinson was estimated to have been born say 1760 probably in ?ENG place assumed from birthplace of dtr Agnes.3 He and Ann UnknownSurname were estimated to have married say 1780 probably in ?ENG FMP has a Jn (John) ROBINSON marrying an An(ne) ROBSON at Berwick on Tweed in 1781, which may bear further scrutiny.3,4
John Robinson died bef. 1863 probably in ?ENG or ?SCT.3
Census/Where lived/OccupationsJohn Robinson was given as a cooper on his dtr's dth cert in 1863 probably in ?ENG.3
NamesIn 1863 his surname was recorded as John Robertson (as per dtr's dth cert.)3
All the other infoJohn Robinson father of Agnes, a cooper and John Robison another cooper, buried in Roxburgh, ROX were possibly related but that's probably a stretch in time, given John Snr was born abt 1710.5
|Charts||My pedigree chart|
Ancestors & siblings of Les Henderson
Paternal ancestors of Lorna
Adam DAVIDSON's ancestors
|Last Edited||10 Apr 2011|
- (the version inferred from dtr's marriage.)
- OPR Baptisms Marriages: Morebattle, ROX, SCT, Mar. 1806/8 FAIRBAIRN/ROBINSON, trans. L McIntosh Sep/Oct 1994.
- Agnes FAIRBAIRN nee ROBERTSON (11278), FAIRBAIRN, Agnes (ROBERTSON) DC 1863, p/copy held.
- Findmypast online at http://www.findmypast.com, Marr. 1781 Jn ROBINSON & An ROBSON, Berwick on Tweed, NBL, from Boyd's Marriage Index 1538-1840, extracted Apr 2011.
- Elspeth Ewan, MIs: ROX Roxburgh, Entry #263, extracted Aug 2003.
E. & O. E. Some/most parish records are rather hard to read and names, places hard to interpret, particularly if you are unfamiliar with an area.