(23 August 1796 - )
|Father||William Wight1 (Nov 1767 - Sep 1847)|
|Mother||Elizabeth Richardson1 (May 1773 - Jun 1831)|
|Relationship||3rd great-uncle of Lorna Henderson|
BMDB dataJames Wight was born on 23 Aug 1796 Maxton, ROX, SCT.1 He was christened on 11 Sep 1796 Maxton, Roxburghshire; Entry reads: William Wight carrier in Maxton, and his wife Elisabeth Richardson had a child born 23rd Aug and baptized Sep 11th 1796 called James.1
All the other infoJames Wight son of William Wight and Elizabeth Richardson and James Wight the one who married Lydia Aitken are possibly the same person The evidence is purely circumstantial as this later James' dth preceded civil registration. However, he was a blacksmith, as was James maternal grandfather, and Lydia's family have connections with later Wight branches. If so, married 1820, d. bef 1827, blacksmith Colinton area.
Then throw in a DNA match between a descendant of James and a descendant of his presumed/likely brother Walter....2,3
James Wight was considered as a potential duplicate of James Wight, but this has been discounted; the James Wight, mason in Denholm, married to Janet Tait is shown on at least one Rootsweb World Connect tree as belonging to William and Elizabeth, but that isn't true. That James died in 1861 and his death cert shows him as the s/o Walter Wight and Christian Turnbull. There may well be a connection further back, but I've not yet found it.4,5,6
|Charts||William RICHARDSON of Pringlestead, Eckford|
RUNCIMAN of Earlston/Wanton Walls
Ancestors & siblings of Les Henderson
|Last Edited||8 Jan 2018|
- Births baptisms burials: Maxton, ROX (Dist 798), Bap 1796 James WIGHT, p/copy taken Sep/Oct 1994/5 held.
- DNA matches/info ex Ancestry.com online at http://dna.ancestry.com, DNA matches to descendant of James WIGHT marr. Lydia AITKEN between: two descendants of Walter WIGHT, James' brother, and one descendant of their sister Isabella, rcvd Dec 2017.
- "Lorna's Family History Musings", Updated Jan 2018.
- "Lorna's Family History Musings", Nov 2007.
- Www Rootsweb online at http://wc.rootsweb.com/, WC tree, db "lomaldor" of Catherine Mullen, last updated Oct 2007, extracted Nov 2007.
- Scottish BMDB entries (from 1855), http://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk/index.php, Dth 1861 James WIGHT, reg. Cavers ROX Dist 785 Pg 11 #31, copy d/loaded Jul 2007.
E. & O. E. Some/most parish records are rather hard to read and names, places hard to interpret, particularly if you are unfamiliar with an area.