Ebenezer Chapel, Bower Hinton, Dist of Yeovil, SOM, ENG
British History Online's Nonconformist section for the Parish of Martock shows the Rev. Christopher Hill/Hall establishing a Methodist Chapel at Bower Hinton abt 1788, the present chapel and manse being built in 1791. The Revd G H Cossins (Minister 1830 -1866) established the meeting as a Congregational chapel being known as the Ebenezer Chapel by 1837. The name was changed in 1973 to the Martock United Reformed Church.
A site providing info on South Petherton lists the births and baptisms from the chapel to 1837
Bower Hinton, Par. of Martock, SOM, ENG
(also Bower Henton / Henton)